This article will help you:
- Engage with Optimizely Support for help with your campaigns and experiments
- Scope your level of support
- Find resources to support you for needs that fall outside the scope of Optimizely Support
What is Optimizely Support?
The Optimizely Support team helps you solve technical and workflow issues with any of our solutions, including Mobile, Personalization and A/B Testing.
All Optimizely customers have access to our online support resources:
- Optimizely Academy - Interactive e-learning courses that will take you through the essentials of Optimizely
- Knowledge Base - Documentation on optimization strategy, Optimizely features, best practices, FAQs, and how-to guides.
- Optiverse Community - A community of over 3,000+ growth marketers, developers, strategists, analysts, and Optimizely experts. Post your product support questions, get input on optimization best practices, and learn from your peers.
Select Optimizely plans may also have one or more of the following options:
- Phone Support
- Email Support
- Account Management
- Onboarding and Launch Management
- Technical Enablement
- Strategic Consulting
When should I use Optiverse community rather than submitting a ticket?
- If you do not have the phone or email support option.
- If you have a low severity question or problem, need advice, or if you are interested in discovering how to do something.
- If you have been unable to locate an answer in the Knowledge Base.
- If you want to learn from other customers’ experiences.
- When you have knowledge or experiences to share with your peers
Filing a Support Ticket
You can submit a ticket to our Support team by heading to http://optimizely.com/support. Log in to your Optimizely account and, if your support option includes email support , you will see a button to file a support ticket:
What’s included in Optimizely Email and Phone Support?
Optimizely support engineers are available to:
- Debug or troubleshoot experiments that are behaving unexpectedly
- Resolve bugs or outages
- Consult on experiment setup, such as functionality or goal creation
- Discuss Optimizely technical documentation
What’s not included in Optimizely Email and Phone Support?
Optimizely Support is not able to provide ongoing development resources for customers and will not be able to support requests to:
- Write code for you or review your code
- Set up experiments for you
- Act as a QA team to review a test for you
- Teach coding skills
- Generate hypotheses or ideate on your behalf
If you are looking for continuous development support, please check out our Solutions Partners who are available to help with custom coding, QA, experiment setup, and strategy/ideation principles amongst other things. Many customers find this to be a helpful resource in addition to Optimizely Support services. Browse our network of solutions partners: we will be happy to help with facilitating a discussion with them.
How do I escalate a support ticket?
If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your ticket, you can escalate it. Please let the support engineer of your current ticket know, that you wish to speak to a manager or call Optimizely Support if you are entitled to the phone support option. The escalation manager will review your request and agree on action plan with you. If you are not satisfied with this action plan, request further escalation.
What can I do to expedite the resolution of my issue?
First and foremost leverage our comprehensive online resources on Optiverse. Optimizely support and education teams as well as our customer are continuously providing new knowledge and answers.
If you cannot find a solution on Optiverse, please submit a support ticket by:
- Providing a comprehensive description of the issue
- Ensuring that the business impact is described in detail
- Referencing the right experiment or project
- Adding diagnostic data to help expedite analysis and diagnosis of critical errors (e.g. add a screenshot or steps to reproduce)
- Verifying that the Severity Level accurately represents the business impact
During the resolution, please stay on top of the issue. You have the following options:
- Reply timely to support updates
- Request phone calls where appropriate
- Request screen sharing sessions (web conferences) as appropriate
- Monitor changes in SR status and severity
- Communicate when a change in severity becomes necessary
- Escalate concerns via the escalation process