We’ve combined the strongest features from Optimizely Classic with powerful new capabilities in Optimizely X.
- Compare Optimizely Classic with Optimizely X: Get
a quick overview of the capabilities in Optimizely X. You’ll encounter familiar concepts and powerful, new features. Here are some benefits that you can expect:
- Performance improvements
- Efficient workflows that help you experiment at scale
- Enhanced targeting and analytics
- Developer tools
- Launch Optimizely X: If you have access to the Optimizely X platform, open it to explore the new interface.
You can use our quickstart guide to get your first experiment up and running, but we recommend taking time to implement Optimizely X for long-term success.
- Academy Live: Learn the Basics: In this 60 minute interactive training, a live facilitator will teach you how to set up Optimizely and build your first experiment. Ask them questions!
- Configure Optimizely: Enable Optimizely X without making any code changes: just configure the snippet and enable cross-origin targeting. Then, decide whether you’ll transition slowly or switch over completely from Classic. Either way, you’ll still have access to your Classic experiment results.
- Integrate with other platforms: We especially recommend integrating Optimizely with your analytics platform, so you can view your experiment results in the context of the data that you already collect.
- Prepare Optimizely X for your site: The reusable
components for URL targeting (Pages), goal tracking (Events), and audience targeting require advance setup, but will help you build experiments more quickly. Watch a video tour that walks you through this setup.
If your site is a Single Page Application, page-level conditional activation lets you reuse your targeting and activation modes. If you use custom events, rebuild them in Optimizely X.
- Rebuild Classic experiments: Experiments in Optimizely Classic and Optimizely X aren't shared across platforms. If you have long-running "hot fixes" or "experiments" where 100% traffic is sent to a single variation, recreate it in Optimizely X so your visitors’ experience is seamless.
- Check your implementation: Use this checklist to complete your implementation.
- Set up an Optimizely project for staging and production environments
- Variation code execution in Optimizely X versus Classic
- Single Page Applications in Optimizely X
- Checklist: Advanced implementation for Optimizely X
There are a few different ways to learn to use Optimizely X. We recommend that you attend a virtual training session, but you can also take a self-paced course.
- Guide to building an experiment in six steps: This article walks you through each step of creating an experiment. Learn to use the Visual Editor and custom code to build variations, and QA your experiment.
- Academy Live: Strategy Essentials: In this 60 minute interactive training, a live facilitator will teach you how to use your analytics to develop experiment ideas.
- In-app guides: For those seeking in-depth guidance on testing ideation and strategy, we’ve created a series of articles in our knowledge base.
- Optiverse Community: Have a question or need advice? In our community, you’ll find Optimizely veterans and technical support engineers who can help.
- General resources
- Primary, secondary, and monitoring goals
- Responsive design in Optimizely X
- Create multi-page experiments in Optimizely X
- Force variation parameters in Optimizely X
- Install the Desktop App
You’ve launched your experiment and collected data. Now you’re ready to take action on your results. The Optimizely Results page helps you make impactful business decisions. Make the most of your data with the resources below.
- Academy Live: Interpreting Results: This 60-minute virtual training session walks you through the Results page and teaches you how to take action on winning, losing, and inconclusive results.
- Explore the Optimizely X Results page: We’ve made some changes to the Results page. We now show confidence intervals and tweaked Stats Engine to help you make impactful business decisions. Here’s how Optimizely X counts conversions.
- Interpret your results: Experiment results offer an important opportunity to learn from your visitors’ behaviors. Segment your results for a more granular view of your visitors’ activities. When you’ve decided how long to run the experiment and you’re ready to stop, take action on your data.
As you master Optimizely X, consider advancing your experimentation mindset. Share your results with others and celebrate your wins. Get involved and build your expertise with the resources below.
- Share your results: Maximize the impact of your testing program by sharing what you learn with stakeholders, including developers and executives.
- Get certified: Once you have a solid understanding of the Optimizely X platform, demonstrate your expertise with an Optimizely User or Developer Certification.
- Learn the Optimization Methodology: Use this framework to build a high-velocity, impactful, and sustainable experimentation program.